Building Community Through Video
Video empowers us to share stories in a way that have meaningful impact on our community – Symbra
This past February 15, Jonathan and Brian were keynotes at the Red Deer Social Media Breakfast event on how to build community through video. It‘s fairly clear that 2018 will be a year when video really starts to come on for many businesses.
Another meaningful takeaway for attendees was how to plan and assign resources to video projects and what that means for production and distribution:
- Your video needs to build a relationship.
- Focus on your viewer’s needs
- Consider what value you bring to your community through this video.
- Don’t let your brand be that friend that you don’t want to have around
- Live video is an authentic way to show what is happening
- Raw video is a low budget method that you can do yourself
- Produced video is a higher budget way to flex your video muscle and amplify results
- Consider the time you’re planning to post – time of the day, week, month, year
- Consider your location – where does your audience live, work and play
- Consider your platform – Facebook for personalized television, Instagram stories for raw, in the moment or exclusive access, YouTube for searchable video, etc
For more, you can watch the archived live feed on the SMBRD Facebook Page.
Thanks to Becky from theBexFactor.com for the intelligently crafted summary!